The Acton Dress from In the Folds.

Last April I signed up for pattern testing of a new dress pattern from In the Folds by Emily Hundt.
I have never done pattern testing for anyone before, so of course I was quite excited when I got the opportunity to be part of the test-team together with 16 other sewers.


I was asked to test View A. It has a fitted bodice with a low back and thin shoulder straps. 
The skirt is A-line, and includes (optional) in-seam pockets in the side seams.

I used a grey chambray from Stoff & Stil for my dress.
I made a toile (muslin) first and did some minor alterations to the bodice for better fit.



I think the pattern and instructions are really thorough and clear. It has illustrated instructions and clarifying text, step by step toward the finished dress. The pattern is classified as skill level 6: "You are confident using sewing patterns and can handle basic pattern alternations to achieve a good fit".


It was really fun to do this, and I learned a lot from Emily and the other testers in the process.

You can read more about The Acton Dress pattern on In the Folds website here
And you can buy the pattern here :-) 

The release date for the pattern was on the 9. November. The dress was sewn in April, and the pictures were taken at our cabin in May (with very good help from my sister and her husband - thank you so much Camilla and Maurice :-)).

I am so glad to finally do this blog post about this lovely summer dress!
Thank you Emily for the great dress pattern!! ;-)





Comments

Popular Posts