Mending jeans

I had a pair of some worn out, but kind of favorite summer jeans that I refused to throw away.

The result:

Before:

Didn´t like the ripped part on the knee... ✂
(the younger generations can totally wear that, but I am not that keen...).

First I tried to just fix the hole with "darning stitch",
but I think the fabric will easily rip again over the repaired seam....


I therefore sewed on some large patches 
to cover the whole area where the fabric is worn thin. (I had to open the side seams to do this.)
I used some left over chambray from my Rosa Shirt Dress in the last post.


And I cut of the hem and made a slightly shorter hemline in front, 
and let it unstitched so it can fray a bit.

But I normally wear these jeans with the hem rolled up:



I am satisfied with the result, and hopefully I can now wear these jeans at least one more summer 😄


Spring is here!! Beautiful narcissus in the park by the Royal Castle here in Oslo 🌞.











Comments

Popular Posts